Southern Girl Creations

Monday, May 30, 2011

Brown Sugar Scrub

I made brown sugar scrub today by request.  I made this a couple of years ago for a Christmas gift.  I got a call from my mom that she really needed some more of it.  She uses it as a great natural facial scrub.  I have others say they use it for their hands when they come in from working in the garden and I have used it on the heels of my feet in flip flop weather...

1 Cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of Almond oil
1/2 tsp. vitamin e oil
8 - 10 drops of sweet orange oil

You can make a couple of substitutions if you would like..  You can replace the almond oil with olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil or any other type of plant-based oils. 

you can use vanilla, or several drops of lavender oil in place of the sweet orange oil if you would like it is basically for scent.

Mix all ingredients together and put in a jar with a lid.

To use moisten skin where you plan on using the scrub with warm water. Scoop out a bit of the scrub and apply to your skin.  Work it in gently using a circular motion.  Rinse off with warm water.  It will leave you with incredibly soft skin.


Until next time... I hope everyone had a great Memorial day weekend.. Remember those who serve our country!

0 comments:

Post a Comment