Southern Girl Creations

Monday, May 20, 2013

Fathers Day Gift Card Holder

I actually made this little pretty last year for a Birthday present but I believe it would make a fantastic fathers day gift card holder too! I miniature tool box!!!  This one is made from two gift card holder tins that I found at www.papermart.com  you could use altoid tins. The hardware for the handle is called an Eye Strap I also needed screws and nuts that fit the eye strap(can be found at the hardware store or boat store).


I painted the two tins a bright red to resemble an old tool box like this

 
I used two tins to get the right depth one was just too flat.  You could actually write memories or a nice note to share to put in one tin and a gift card in the other.

When the paint was completely dry after several coats I glued the two tins together with E6000 glue and allowed it to completely dry.

I marked where the screws would be for the handle and then started a small hole with an ice pick. I placed the handle on and screwed in the screws and placed the nuts on the inside to hold it securely in place... Tahdah a mini tool box great for gift cards!

Linking up to:

Thirty Handmade Days
Skip To My Lou

0 comments:

Post a Comment